Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Stimulating Conversation

My kids know I love to talk about current events, so Saturday night, after a wonderful Mothers Day Barbecue, they indulged me. The topic: Arizona and illegal immigration. A lot of facts and figures were thrown around, so I thought I'd try to do a little research.

Cost+of+Illegal+Immigrants

With health care and financial reforms off the radar for a while, I guarantee immigration will become the next BIG issue in the upcoming elections as it was in Great Britain. What do I honestly think? It is a really tough, tough situation! Many good friends came into this county illegally. Heck, I have ancestors who did the same in Texas and during the gold rush when Mexico owned parts of the present-day US. The reasons they come are mostly economic, and times are rough in Mexico. They come thinking this is their only chance to make a better life. However, it would be impractical to open the borders completely. The solution: I have no idea, but I don't like Arizona's solution, that's for sure. Apparently The Governator agrees with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment