Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More on St. Simons Island = Christ Church


Along with being the site of the first English colony in Georgia, St. Simons Island was also the site of the 2004 G8 summit. They must have picked St. Simons for its beauty and recreational beaches. We thought it was a little ironic that the swimming pools are right next to the beautiful beaches. Why?

Here's proof that Gimpy and I made it to the top of the light house.



I couldn't pass up slipping this pic in of the cute herb garden at Ft. Frederica. Several years ago, we took out a spa (I'm not a spa person, really!), and put roses in the hole. After seeing this, I'm rethinking the rose thing.



Christ Church is one of the oldest churches in Georgia. For whatever crazy reason, I forgot to take pictures of the graveyard in the rear. As both my husband and I have southern roots, we may have had ancestors buried here.
gates leading to the church grounds

Better pictures on the above link.... I was trying to capture the solid wooden interiors- very cool, calming and restful.





Louis Comfort Tiffany stained glass window.




No comments:

Post a Comment