Friday, July 9, 2010

Jimmy Carter Presidential Center

I'm feeling bad about my last blog! Sorry to those of you who actually took the time to read it. My kids said that it was oddly unsettling. Guess I should go to bed at a reasonable hour, and not blog :-).....

Anywho.......




Before leaving Atlanta, we had to visit the Jimmy Carter Presidential Center which contains the Carter library along with displays and artifacts from his youth, presidency, and post-presidency. President Carter his one of our heroes, a man before his time in my opinion. It has been said that he is one of our best ex-presidents. He could have retired to the golf course, but instead, he and his wife have worked tirelessly in the service of humanity. He is also a great author. One of my all-time favorite books is "An Hour Before Daylight: Memories of a Rural Boyhood."



I love their wedding outfits. Jimmy and Rosalynn were married shortly after he graduated from the naval academy. He had planned to be a career submariner, and spent his short career working on the development of nuclear submarines. However, when his father died, he returned to Plains, GA to run the family business.


There was a full-size replica of the oval office in the Center. Hum, Dane, Mr. PoliSci Army Officer Future Lawyer looks pretty good. I wonder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment